As a long-time business owner, a single father who raised two sons in Contra Costa County, and a public official, I understand the issues that matter to Contra Costa families. I am honored and humbled to have the opportunity to serve you as your Congressman in the United States House of Representatives.
Whether it was balancing California’s budget, establishing the fourth bore of the Caldecott Tunnel, securing funding for projects like eBART and traffic relief projects like the Highway 4 expansion, or holding government accountable when millions were wasted on the Bay Bridge, I’ve fought for our families and communities.
In less than 4 years as your Member of Congress, I have held 74 town halls and mobile office hours, responded to more than 235,000 constituents, and helped over 3,000 individuals navigate government problems. In a highly partisan environment, I’ve found common sense solutions — I have authored 20 bills and have had 11 amendments passed into law.
In Congress, I am fighting to:
• Grow the economy and create high value jobs;
• Ensure students receive a quality education and are not strapped with crushing debt;
• Invest in critical projects to reduce traffic congestion in the Bay Area, and improve housing options;
• Protect Medicare and Social Security, and increase access to affordable health care coverage;
• Safeguard the environment;
• Reduce the influence of the super wealthy on politics;
• Hold government accountable and make it work for you.
I respectfully ask for your vote. Thank you.